When a loved one sustains a traumatic brain injury in an accident, it not only affects the injured person, it can have an impact on their entire family. While the impact to the victim is typically mental and physical in nature, the family suffers emotionally. They also feel the financial impact of their loved one’s injuries resulting from:
· cost of accommodations and travel if your loved one is receiving medical care away from home
· loss of income
· medical expenses
· specialized rehabilitation therapies
Unfortunately, many traumatic brain injury victims in St. Catharines, and Waterloo are not compensated adequately for the damages and losses they have incurred. In most cases, this is due to either not enlisting the help and representation of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Oakville or hiring a lawyer that didn’t specialize in their personal injury claims and lawsuits.
How can a Personal Injury Lawyer help You?
There are a number of ways that an experienced personal injury lawyer who specializes in traumatic brain injury cases can help you including:
· being your strongest advisor and advocate will striving to achieve fair and reasonable compensation for the injury victim and his or her family
· partnering with the victim’s family members in order to achieve a successful outcome during such a challenging and difficult time
· proving to the insurance company that the victim’s need for care and support is much higher than what a minimum settlement can pay for
· seeking full compensation from the negligent or responsible party (defendant) for the lifetime costs attributed to the victim’s traumatic brain injury
· working hand-in-hand with accountants, healthcare and medical professionals, present and future care specialists, rehabilitation therapists, etc.
You have to remember that the insurance companies in Oakville, St. Catharines, and Waterloo do not have your best interests in mind, even when you are their client. So imagine what it would be like to battle it out in court with their lawyers and you are not being represented by one. That is why it makes a lot of sense to hire a lawyer before filing for claim.
Helping Family Members during the Recovery Period
Aligning with a personal injury lawyer that specializes in traumatic brain injury claims makes a lot of sense when you consider the impact on the victim. Their support is vital while injury victims are recovering and they are seeking the maximum compensation for damages and losses. Remember, experienced personal injury lawyers aggressively represent their clients in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
When you are being skillfully represented, the lawyer and his or her staff understand your personal, health, and financial challenges that accompany traumatic brain injuries. Keep in mind that it can take years to reach a settlement in traumatic brain injury cases. Unfortunately, you and your family cannot wait that long for financial assistance and that is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side.